coffeebeanbags asked: Do you feel statistics is relevant to your studying in medical school? I ask as I plow through my own statistics homework and reviews. Haha.
Hi there, muchloving!
Good question. And the answer is very, very short.
Statistics is VERY, VERY relevant to medical school.
Emphasis with a random gif:
And not just med school, but also medicine! Statistics are how you read papers, learn about new research, drugs, and public health policies. Also, epidemiology is full of statistics. You’ll have to know it for Step 1, at minimum.
So don’t worry, statistics is going to be worth it!
And if statistics isn’t your favorite…there are prep books and everything will be okay because you’ll be used to it. ;)
- neon-wallflower said: is taking regular statistics okay or is it better to take biostatistics?
- toastycharmander likes this
- iamnotbuff likes this
- mrspediatrician likes this
- becauseitsaboutthefalling likes this
- traethenoob likes this
- melindgaf likes this
- doubletheecho likes this
- md-admissions posted this