Why “Medical Admissions”?
1. I wanted a place to record all the fun things that make medical school so special BUT…
2. I wanted to stay fairly anonymous so as to honor my patients, HIPAA, colleagues, and instructors.
3. I’m a big fan of Anthony Bourdain’s book Kitchen Confidential. I wanted to do something similar, except for the medical world. The name “Medical Admissions” is my tip-of-the-hat to the book that I have admired and has inspired me.
4. Tumblr seemed like a quiet, private place to put my thoughts. Obviously, I was wrong, but happily so. It’s full of life and so much fun!
Who is md-admissions?
I’m an female medical student in America. As for a description; I will leave it to my friends and loved ones:
“you make good sandwiches. If I pay you, will you pack me lunch?”—B
“you sleep so early”—every friend I have ever had
“you play Guitar Hero on expert?”—all my gamer guy friends. Whom I beat.
“your notes are 90% doodles and 10% content”—my roommate
“you wake up so early”—my best friend from elementary school and my dad
“please stop singing while you clean/cook/study, Disney Princess”—my sister
“maybe you should cut down on your ramen intake”—my girl friends and my mom
“you are the coolest person I have ever met”—J
“you’re also pretty weird”—J, 2 seconds after saying the previous statement
Question for md-admissions?
If I am able to answer a question, I will definitely do so! My rules for questions:
- If you want a question answered privately, let me know in the message.
- Keep it professional, or keep it nerdy/dorky/funny :)
- I’m not a doc yet, so I won’t diagnose anything. But honestly, after what you read here, would you really want me to be your doctor? No, don’t answer that.
As always, thank you and much love!